Welcome to Whitestones
   We are so insignificant compared to the size of the known universe. But, we were significant enough for the Creator of the Universe to visit us.
    Register FAQ  •  Login     
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Confine replies to commentary or review of the Verses commentary!

Post subject: Forgiveness
PostPosted: September 6th, 2008, 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Forgiveness
PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 12:44 am 
Global moderator

this one has made me cry because there is so much hatred for the people who have hurt me the most. so the next time i see them, i will smile and say HI.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 1:02 am 
Site Admin

Yes! It's so hard but it must be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 1:19 pm 
Global moderator

if i am able to get to church next sunday, then i will have to talk to the minister, because in God's house, they aren't suppose to tell me that i need to divore my husband because he's not a christian.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

The bible does not say that. It is specific and it tells you that if he or she supports you in your Christianity by not trying to change you and he is a good man or woman you are suppose to stay by his/her side. I will find it.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

When a Christian marries an unbeliever the influence of the Christian is always greater than that of the unbeliever. (2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 Corinthians 7:16; 1 Peter 3:1)

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers"! 2 Corinthians 6:14

That means that you should not yield to the one that is a non-Christian or let that one influence the children more than you. If your voice is just as strong and you are allowed influence it is fine.

When two Christians marry, it is a guarantee their relationship will be more satisfying than if two unbelievers married one another. (Many non-Christian couples are more mature than Christian Couples. 2 Timothy 3:5)

The modern concept of "dating" did not exist in Israel in Bible times, so it is not specifically mentioned in the Bible. But the Bible says this about a Christian marrying a non-Christian:

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

In the Old Testament, the Jews were commanded by God not to marry non-Jews.

If a person is a real, genuine born again Christian walking close to God, he or she will not want to marry a person who is not. What kind of marriage would it be? And what kind of an example would it be to your children? Besides being direct disobedience to God, it would show your children that you have very little respect for God's Word.

And as far as dating is concerned, if you date a person who is not a Christian, you are giving that person and yourself the message that it is ok to become attached emotionally to a person who is not a Christian, with the possibility of marriage in the future. If God says not to marry a non-Christian, why would you want to date a non-Christian and risk falling in love with them, when you know what God says about marrying a non-Christian?

But once married: In 1 Corinthians 7 - We are told that as long as the unbelieving spouse wishes to remain with the believing spouse (allowing the Christian spouse to follow God), then it’s fine to stay together, sometimes the actions or words of a believer can change the heart of the non-believing.

The Blessing - You have found God! You have chosen to live for Him and received Jesus Christ as your Savior. You were blind, and now you see. You have the Holy Spirit, your helper dwelling in you right now. You are no longer lost, searching to find that peaceful assurance that now we have in God. We always have God with us, loving us as a Father loves his child. You can lead by example all the good things of the spirit of Christ. Patience, meekness, forgiveness, compassion, and love. You can feel God’s presence and see the blessings in your life. You can tell others of all that you continually learn about God and through prayer lead others to Christ. With your love for God, the Holy Spirit is creating a new you, a better you. Less stress or worry, because we know that God is in charge. We feel more love towards others because we have more compassion. We awaken each day having confidence in our salvation and spending eternity with a loving God. If God dwells in you then you must continue to walk in faith and allow God to handle the things you pray for.

It is better that the one at home with the children be the Christian. There is then the obligation to make all clear and teach but never belittle the non-Christian about his non-Christianity and especially in front of his children. Never belittle the Non-Christian behind his back with his children. It is alright to pray with the children that he see the light. God does not want anyone to be left out of eternal life, not even the non-believer.

The environment and conditions one is raised in as a child has little impact on what kind of a person they will be when married.

The vices a person has before marriage will be removed once they are married. (The only way vices are removed is when we are converted and repent)

As a Christian married to a non-Christian the Christian must be the stronger of the two.

Helpful Not Helpful related topics
1 Peter 3:1

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives,

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 9:42 pm 
Global moderator

now that i have the scriptures i need, i can show her and tell her that 1=even though it does not say in the bible where one must stay with a devil worshiper (her words, not mine) i can still help him see the light, and 2=i need to find the place (i think in corinthians) where it says that one must not be a stumbling block to the fellow christian.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2008, 9:43 am 
Site Admin

"Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way."

- Romans 14:13

PostPosted: October 29th, 2008, 12:42 pm 
Global moderator

ha! yes!!! see? that's exactly the word i was looking for. thank you. she passas judgement on me bacause of the fact that my husband is not a part of the church. so should i stop going to the church because of her? the church is very important to me and the children.