Welcome to Whitestones
   We are so insignificant compared to the size of the known universe. But, we were significant enough for the Creator of the Universe to visit us.
    Register FAQ  •  Login     
It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Confine replies to commentary or review of the Verses commentary!

Post subject: Now or Then
PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

ImageImageImageImage

Now or Then

What a dilemma I find myself in. Unable to decide which would be better I decided to make a chart of pros and cons. Forgetting the fact that I have no choice at this point it is still a matter to ponder so a final solution can be reached. I’m trying to decide which is the most exciting time in history to have lived it. The choices are to have been there during the times of Jesus Christ or to be here for the final days.

Since I already know that the latter is the only possibility it is still worth weighing the two eras. I am so excited about the days which are to come shortly but that doesn’t mean that I am most excited about them. Every time I think about a good reason to be in one era I immediately think about an exciting prospect of the other. After all we are in the days that were promised. All the signs are here. The culmination of all that is talked about in the bible are about to happen and yet I long to have been there with Jesus.

The drawbacks that I can think of as far as being on earth at the time of Jesus is knowing that If I were there then I couldn’t be here for the end. If I were there back then I wonder if I could have appreciated all of what Jesus stood and died for on that cross. Think of the excitement created walking with Jesus to Galilee and witnessing his miracles. The trip itself must have been an adventure. In these modern times we pack as much as we can to travel a hundred miles away in a couple of hours. During the time of Jesus they sold off all their belongings and went as light as possible to make the same hundred-mile trip. They knew the trip was going to take months to get to their destination and the same amount of time to get back.

KJV - JOHN 7
7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.
7:2 Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.

KJV - JOHN 6
6:1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is [the sea] of Tiberias. 6:2 And a multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them

KJV - MATTHEW 19
19:1 And it came to pass, [that] when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan; 19:2 And great multitudes followed

KJV - LUKE 8 8:1 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve [were] with him,

If you could have chosen to be in either era I wonder which you might choose. I also wonder how our list of pros and cons would compare.

Post subject: Re: Now or Then
PostPosted: July 5th, 2008, 5:59 pm 
Global moderator

this would be a good exercise for me to teach the girls. they already want to see Him face-to-face. but the only thing I tell them now is to look in the mirror and you see God's image and read the Bible and pray and you will be talking to Jesus. I'm not sure which era i would want to live in, but now is ok too.