Welcome to Whitestones
   We are so insignificant compared to the size of the known universe. But, we were significant enough for the Creator of the Universe to visit us.
    Register FAQ  •  Login     
It is currently August 17th, 2017, 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Confine replies to commentary or review of the Verses commentary!

Post subject: To Salley Anne and others who share
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Staying in the word and quoting from the bible is only exceeded by those that have studied the Hebrew and Greek of the books that make up the “letter from God”, the bible and offer meanings.

Deuteronomy 4:2
You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Yet some do! As I look at the sermons on TV every Sunday I see the style of preachers, pastors and other “holy” men and think I am watching a show or performance that supersedes the word of God.

Then I think of the multitudes that do not know how to discern the word of God from the sideshow of the “many” that proclaim that Jesus said this or that before passing the plate for the third time.

Matthew 24:5
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

Mark 13:6
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many.

Luke 21:8
And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.

There are those that conduct healing ceremonies and use “actors” who are suddenly healed of their afflictions. Jesus healed and The last Prophet spoken of in the Bible was prophet Muhammad. The sideshows and the circus should send up many red flags.

The one sure way to know if those in the pulpit are staying in the truth of the word is to watch to see if they read from the father's words and attempt to explain what those words should mean to us. Jesus had his apostles who learned what Jesus was teaching. Those apostles were hand chosen by Jesus with the wisdom from only God. Even Saul, who also is called Paul, by the will of God.

St. Paul was selected by Jesus, Apostle to the Gentiles. He is not one of the Original 12 Apostles. Nor was he selected to replace "Judas". Matthias was selected by God by lot to fill that slot. But St. Paul was sent out in addition to the 12 with a mandate which had an emphasis on Gentile converts.

Paul, originally known as Saul,

1 HE Apostle Paul v/as a native of Tarsus^ the
chief city of Cilicia^ a province of Asia niinor^
and subje6l to the Romans. He was by birth a
citizen of Rome; a privilege which probably had
been acquired by his father^ or some other ancestor.
He was nevertheless a Jew, v/hich name, it
must be recollected, included, at the least, the
tribes of Judah and Benjamin. Paul, who in the
early part of his life was called Saul, was of the
latter tribe, and in compliance with the Jewish
ritual, was circumcised on the eighth day. His
Jewish genealogy v/as so pure as to entitle him
to the appellation of a Hebrew of the Hebrews.
As for Saul, he made havoc of the church,
entering into every house, and haling men and
women, committed them to prison. Therefore
they that were scattered abroad, went every
where, preaching the word.

And according to his own account^ '"'"when they
were put to deaths he gave his voice against them,
and punished them often in every synagogue^
and compelled them to blaspheme, and Teeing exceedingly
mad against them, he persecuted them
even unto strange cities;" ^*' and breathing out
threatenings and slaughter against the disciples
of the Lord, he went unto the high priest. And
desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues,
that if he found any of this way, w^hether
they were men or women, he migh't bring them
bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished. And
as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and i
suddenly there shined round about him a light
from heaven;" which (in an account he afterwards
gave) he thus describes :

^'^ At midday, I saw in the way a light from
heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining
round about me and them which journeyed with
me. And when we were all fallen to the earth,
I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in
the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutes!
thou me ? It is hard for thee to kick against the
pricks. And I said. Who art thou. Lord ? And he
said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, yo,
and stand upon thy feet : for I have appeared.

Paul might have been a very unlikely choice in the eyes of men, but he answered the calling.

So how then do we know who is real and who is a fake? We may not ever know, but it is sure we can weed out most of the fakes simply by watching how they conduct themselves. Recently in my hometown of Baltimore, two pastors were indited for having had a homeless man killed after taking out a rather large insurance policy on that homeless man. In my mind, that makes them prime candidates as fakes.

God never sent out beggars to preach the Gospel. As a matter of fact, when the apostles set out to carry the word they would sell off their possessions in order to travel many miles for many months. Often those where they preached would accommodate them, but this was the normal custom of the day.

So why then do so many preachers of today tell you that God needs your money? It is answered by the words of God when he foretold us all things.

The key to finding a teacher of the word is in spiritual perception and witness to the way that word is carried out. The apostles were taught by Jesus and that word has been handed down by the books of those apostles and those whom they taught directly from the teachings of Jesus.

As God said;

Matthew 17:5
While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

Peter gave first hand testimony;

Peter 2
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in crazy heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

There were many witnesses who gave fist hand reports of seeing Jesus after he was ressurected including Peter.

Jesus appeared to Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples at the sea of Tiberias. (John 21:1-14)

When judgment is upon us it is the pulpit that will be judged first. Those that change the word of God for their own benefit will suffer the second death. So as you watch the preachers and pastors et al., remember that it is them that God has spoken of as he told us “All Things”.

Even Peter realized that the onus of carrying out the teachings of Jesus Christ, whom God was well please was upon the pulpit. The job of carrying forth that word by one who professes to have studied that word and as well indicates he has not changed a single word is a solemn commitment to the truth of that word.

Peter 1:4
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

It is of great consequences that we follow the pattern as set down by Jesus Christ and share the word of God. Those that share information with the rest of us are truly going to be recognized for having helped others in reading and therefore understanding what God wants from us. I for one praise your efforts and cherish them.