Welcome to Whitestones
   We are so insignificant compared to the size of the known universe. But, we were significant enough for the Creator of the Universe to visit us.
    Register FAQ  •  Login     
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

All Audio can be legally downloaded. Permission is given for any non-commercial use including personal web sites.

Post subject: From Site Administrator - All Members Read This!
PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image

Turns out we have another author as a member here at Whitestones. It's been several years since I had time to read a book. I decided to read "The Guardians of Time"...One of the best books I have ever read.

This book goes to number 1 on Whitestones book list! At the bottom of the page see what others have said about this book!

Then, click on the book graphic to buy this book.

After you put "The Guardians of Time" into your cart, put the sequel "The Sacred City" into your cart and buy them both since you will not be able to wait to read the second book after reading the first. You'll also save on shipping if you buy them both at the same time. (Shipping for both is under $5.00)

The Guardians of Time

Book I of The Guardians Series
Authored by Damian Lawrence

Food riots. Resource wars. Catastrophic storms. Unprecedented mass extinctions. Coincidence?

By the middle of the twenty-first century, the world is out of time. On the brink of a global environmental cataclysm, a physicist attempting to harness the ultimate renewable clean-energy source offers the only remaining option to delay the imminent disaster: time travel. But while helping to save the world through the method he develops-a mysterious and otherworldly combination of physics and metaphysics-Mark Lawson unwittingly plants the seeds for its misuse by those who have everything to gain from engineering a future where they make the rules. He has discovered the key to the most extreme potential weapon of mass destruction ever known to man, and now it must be controlled.

Forty-five years later, in a fragile world still recovering from near devastation, in which the secret of 'relativistic diving' has fallen into the wrong hands, the men and women of a covert intelligence organization quietly fight an undeclared war against a new kind of enemy-one that wields 'temporal terrorism' as a weapon. Using the techniques first developed by Lawson, the Guardians are engaged in a life-and-death struggle to preserve the integrity of world history. But while they battle to prevent civilization as they know it from being changed forever, they begin to discover that the enemy may not be who, or what, they think it is.

Set largely in Greece, the riveting first novel in The Guardians series by author DAMIAN LAWRENCE deftly blends history and fiction to guide the reader through a thrilling web of intrigue and adventure spanning three centuries. From the heroism and tragedy of the Greek War of Independence, to the Great Game between the world's major powers and the ascendance of a New World Order, The Guardians of Time explores social, moral and spiritual questions that are highly relevant to our own time in an exciting and thought-provoking narrative.

"This is a compelling, detailed read, and one that offers its audience something solid to chew on. Lawrence does a masterful job of drawing readers into his fully realized, morally complex vision of the future."-Kirkus

About the author:
DAMIAN LAWRENCE is a graduate of Harvard University, with a bachelor's degree in Chemistry. He also holds a master's degree from the School of Advanced International Studies of the Johns Hopkins University, where he concentrated in the field of Social Change and Development. Damian has worked in fields as diverse as government, biomedical research and the financial services industry, and has traveled extensively around the world. He currently lives in Greece.

The Sacred City

New Release

Book II of The Guardians Series
Authored by Damian Lawrence

Genre: Sci-Fi Adventure/Historical Fiction/Political Thriller

Description:
In a war against 'temporal terrorists', how far would you go to preserve your way of life? Would you sacrifice your honor, or the lives of thousands, to safeguard the world as you know it? And if you did, could you ever go home again? For the members of an elite team of time-traveling intelligence agents, history hangs in the balance as they face critical questions such as these–and, depending on their answers, the future of humanity may never again be the same.

What others are saying about this book.

John Roberts (Baltimore, MD) - Choosing not to read this book is an exercise in self deprivation to the extreme...no library can be complete without it.

Joyce Smith(New York) - love the book and im not a science fiction reader.

Anton Harfst · Co-Owner and Photographer at PHOTOTHEMA - storytelling photography
Gives a whole new angle for looking at and visiting places I thought I knew like the back of my hand.

M Toscas - This is an excellent book, written for our times! D. Lawrence masterfully blends various genres to tell a thrilling story which captivates the reader. I loved the way the author intertwines inter-faith, environmental, historical and political themes. The characters in the book are fully fleshed out with many layers making them highly captivating and evolving. I could not put the book down because I was so immersed in the lives of all of the characters and I look forward to finding out more about their journeys.

Brian Philpott (Arizona) The guardians of Time is a fantastic read! It has adventure, theology, and accurate historical events all rolled up into one. You won't be able to put it down. Damian Lawrence has done an outstanding job!

Lauren Danielle (Belle Mead, NJ) - On a whirlwind journey through time and space, the ethical dilemmas you face may be all consuming - but do they even matter if you can't return to your own present? We've assumed the butterfly effect makes every life important but what if a few life changes here and there really don't affect history at all? These explosive issues and more are masterfully presented in The Guardians of Time, which shows the convergence of science and religion while weaving a pattern of human emotions expressed through love and war, knowledge and cluelessness and man versus nature. You won't want to put it down for a second.

Nina Robinson - Loved it, loved it, loved it! And, I want more.The Guardians of by Damian Lawrence has something for everyone: thrilling adventure, wit, history, stunning scenery, science, spirituality and love. It also has a great plot, excellent dialogue and interesting characters that bring the pages to life. This is a novel that will surely be listed among the great classics of our time. Enjoy! Classic, well-written novel with characters you grow attached to. Can't wait for the sequel

Scott Brown Pempeit (Brazil) - D. Lawrence has managed to merge the voices of Frank Herbert and Dan Brown, gloriously spiced with his own, in "Guardians of Time," an imaginative "tour de force" through the annals of theology and time travel to save the world. A page-turning, historically accurate mystery that leaves you wanting more. A must read!The Guardians of Time

To purchase books through the e-stores, customers will have to follow these instructions precisely, so their orders are consolidated into one shipment (unless, if they are ordering both books, they want to get them separately and end up paying shipping twice!):

1) Go to http://www.createspace.com/3622839 (this is for the special edition of The Guardians of Time; if they want the regular edition, they should use http://www.createspace.com/3576524 instead).
2) Click on “Add to Cart”.

3) VERY IMPORTANT: If you intend to order both books, DO NOT CHECK OUT YET. You should either close the browser window and open a new one, or just enter a new URL in the address bar, as follows: http://www.createspace.com/3607710 for the special edition of The Sacred City (or http://www.createspace.com/3622858 for the regular edition).
5) Click on “Add to Cart” as before.
6) Now when the shopping cart shows up, it should show BOTH books in the cart.
7) Check out (you will have to enter their billing information and their shipping information).
Alternately Click on the Graphic show of the book to go to Amazon.com. If you are buying both books do not check out. Come back here and click on the other book graphic and then check out when you see both books in your cart.

Post subject: Re: From Site Administrator - All Members Read This!
PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 3:39 am 

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 10:49 am 

Super!!! Hello Lawrence Damian.

Can I get the books at Barnes and Noble? There is a Barnes and Noble near me and I'm really interested in the books. They seem right up my alley!

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 3:15 pm 

Thanks so much for the support, and my apologies for not replying sooner. I am traveling and haven't had a chance to sign into the forum recently.

As for availability at Barnes & Noble, the books are available through their website, but unfortunately not yet through their bricks & mortar stores. I have been trying to make that happen, but without a major publisher behind me it's a painfully slow process. Hopefully they will get there eventually, but for the time being it seems that purchases will have to be made online, either through the publisher's estore (as described in valius's original post), or through Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, or as e-books on Kindle, Nook or iPad.

I should also add that they are available at Hue-Man Books on Frederick Douglass Blvd and 125th Street in Harlem, if that is in anyone's neighborhood. They are also available at a handful of other independent bookstores, but unfortunately I don't have a list, since sales go through the publisher's wholesalers and I don't usually get to see which stores are buying the books.

If you do get a chance to read them, I'll definitely be looking forward to your comments and feedback.

Best,
Damian

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 7:03 pm 

Thank you Mr. Lawrence. You just answered my question too.

Good luck with the books. :CLP2:

Post subject: Update on Book "Guardians of Time"
PostPosted: December 13th, 2011, 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Photothema Storytelling Photography Features Outdoor Photography Tour Based on

‘The Guardians of Time’

POSTED BY DAMIAN LAWRENCE ⋅ DECEMBER 13, 2011
FILED UNDER GREECE, GREEK WAR OF INDEPENDENCE, OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY, PHOTO-TOURS, PHOTOTHEMA.COM, THE GUARDIANS OF TIME

Courtesy of award-winning photographer Anton Harfst and his lovely wife and business partner Laurien van den Hoven of Photothema – Storytelling Photography, below is a link to their website featuring photos taken by participants in the recent outdoor photography tour “In the Footsteps of the Paladins”, based on my critically acclaimed novel, ‘The Guardians of Time’.

I had the good fortune of joining the tour group for a day-long hike through the hills and mountains of the region around Tsitzina, a key location in ‘The Guardians of Time’, where, according to the novel, a history-changing massacre of the local population during the Greek War of Independence takes place in 1825. The tour was wonderful, and the participants were fabulous – each one bringing various aspects of the scenery and the local colors and flavors to life through their photography. I also dabbled in a little bit of “clicking” (of the photographic kind, as opposed to the quotidian computer kind), and I think the results were not half-bad. Judge for yourself!

http://www.photothema.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=34%3Ain-the-footsteps-of-the-paladins&Itemid=133&lang=en

PostPosted: December 13th, 2011, 6:32 pm 

It is the middle of the twenty-first century, and the world is out of time. On the brink of a global environmental cataclysm, a physicist attempting to harness the ultimate renewable clean-energy source offers the only remaining option to delay the imminent disaster: time travel. But while helping to save the world through the method he develops–a mysterious and otherworldly combination of physics and metaphysics–Mark Lawson unwittingly plants the seeds for its misuse by those who have everything to gain from engineering a future where they make the rules. He has discovered the key to the most extreme potential weapon of mass destruction ever known to man, and now it must be ......
Image read more for only $0.99 go to:

http://www.amazon.com/Damian-Lawrence/e/B004QK1MWK

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/guardia ... wNw-_-10:1

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-gua ... 8090?mt=11

Post subject: "The Guardians of Time" Now 99 cents
PostPosted: December 13th, 2011, 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

‘The Guardians of Time’ named to Kirkus Reviews’ ‘Best of 2011′!

POSTED BY DAMIAN LAWRENCE ⋅ DECEMBER 12, 2011

FILED UNDER AMAZON.COM, APPLE.COM, BARNESANDNOBLE.COM, HERMAN CAIN, HOLIDAY PROMOTION, IBOOK, IPAD, IPHONE, ITUNES, KINDLE, KIRKUS REVIEWS, NOOK, PENTELICUS PRESS, THE GUARDIANS OF TIME, TIME WARP

Recently my debut novel, The Guardians of Time, was named to Kirkus Reviews‘ “Best of 2011″ list. In celebration of that honor, and to spread a little holiday cheer, the e-book edition of the novel is available at a special promotional price of only 99 cents (no, it has nothing to do with Herman Cain – although listening to him speak is like something out of a time warp!) for a limited time on the Amazon Kindle store,Image the Barnes & Noble Nook store, Image and the Apple iTunes iBook store for iPad and iPhone. Image I hope you’ll enjoy it and tell all your friends about it – or better yet, gift it to them!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and happy holidays!
Damian

PS
Please leave a reply!

PostPosted: December 14th, 2011, 5:54 am 

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since a couple of members asked about availability of my books at Barnes & Noble, but I thought I would give you a little update. The Guardians of Time and The Sacred City are now available at select Barnes & Noble stores in Manhattan - specifically, the stores at 82nd & B'dway, Fifth & 46th, 86th & Lex, and 17th Street at the north end of Union Square Park. The copies at all those stores except for 86th & Lex are signed by me (I just didn't have a chance to make it up to that store the last time I was in NYC!).

I also understand they are in a couple of stores in the Boston area (I think at a store in Framingham), but I don't know exactly where. And now that the books are in Barnes & Noble's retail system, aside from ordering online like before, anyone can also order them at any Barnes & Noble store at the customer service desk and they will have them delivered to that store for you to pick up.

And, last but not least, in honor of being named to Kirkus Reviews' Best of 2011 list, and to spread a little Christmas cheer, the e-book edition of The Guardians of Time is available for a limited time at a special holiday promotional price of only 99 cents on the Amazon Kindle store, the Barnes & Noble Nook store, and the Apple iTunes iBook store. Here are the links for the book's page on those sites:

Amazon Kindle >
http://www.amazon.com/The-Guardians-of-Time-ebook/dp/B004P8JITC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323856049&sr=1-1

Barnes & Noble Nook > http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/guardians-of-time-damian-lawrence/1101704578?ean=2940012205162

Apple iBooks (for iPad/iPhone) > http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-guardians-of-time/id425368090?ls=1

Merry Christmas to all, and good reading!
Damian