Welcome to Whitestones
   We are so insignificant compared to the size of the known universe. But, we were significant enough for the Creator of the Universe to visit us.
    Register FAQ  •  Login     
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Home
PostPosted: July 21st, 2013, 11:49 am 
Site Admin

It All Starts at Home

How appropriate it is that in my favorite sport, baseball, it all centers around home. The managers exchange the lineup cards at home plate. The pitcher controls the game by throwing to home. Every batter comes to home to start their at bat. The runs for each team are recorded when a runner reaches home.

It used to be that way in real life. Two recent occurrences started me thinking about what has been on my mind for years now. One was an incident that I have witnessed all too many times in recent years. The other was a rare happening that I was astonished and pleasantly surprised to see.

The second recent incident happened while I was walking on a local street when I saw a baby not yet a year old climbing up the steps in front of his home while the mother was milling nearby. The baby fell on his face, started to cry but was apparently uninjured. As is the predictable case in these days the mother started yelling and cursing at the infant.

The first and most memorable incident happened at a large reception area in a public building. I was sitting glancing at some flyers when my attention was drawn to the sound of a young mother reading to her toddler. I heard the toddler asking questions to which the mother was patiently answering. I was so impressed that I had to venture from my remote location to have a clear view of what I had not seen for many years.

I analyzing the prospects of both children I can’t help but to realize what a distinct advantage the second child will have in every aspect of his future life. The young mother reading to her child was affording her child mental stability, education and love. The other, while no certain doom is promised, has much to overcome and starts out behind the eight ball.

It’s not the job of a school to instill moral values and a foundation for our children. It is their job to continue this process as well as to make certain of the educational process. By the time a child reaches school age their outlook and habits are already formed. It really does all start at home.

This is one of the depressing outlooks on today’s current problems. I’m not so optimistic about man being able to turn this around. The only two ways that I know of is to evoke fascist tactics. Then we would lose our democratic freedoms. The other is to pray for God’s intervention. It seems to me that this is just what is promised in the bible. God did it before when he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their wickedness and depravity.

I truly believe that the lack of family is the sole cause of the moral decay of our planet. Crime, rudeness, insolence, irreverence, incivility and all other disrespect are direct results of the lack of family dedication. If you can not expect minor children who should be in the learning process to be responsible for leading family precepts then who is responsible. The answer is any adult present in the family. The same as it was at one time. I’m sure I didn’t have to tell you that.

Today’s society seems to be all about me, myself and I. We don’t have time for our own children, church, other human beings or God. Sure some go to church but are they sincere or just impressing others with see how righteous I am. Grandmothers are doing the best they can beyond their abilities to raise uncared for children. At least a mother can do is to be around to assist when she is not herself capable. She is out “doing her thing” instead of raising her children. Truth be know, she is out consorting with the devil who has her locked up and in his pocket.

Thank goodness for God’s love to give both the unwilling parents along with the uncared for child a second chance with the coming of the millennium. The great apostasy has already started. The number that are being deceived is equal to the number that do not have the time to stay in the word of God and who do not take care of their family.

KJV - 2 THESSALONIANS 2
2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,
2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The falling away is in full process. The bible has already told us “All Things”:

KJV - 2 TIMOTHY 3
3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Some will welcome the day when the Lord’s kingdom come and all will be in righteousness. In the meantime we can follow the words of the bible and live each day as though it is not the last even if we know it is the last. Give praise to those who deserve it and plant seeds in those who need help. It is up to pastors not to lead the flock astray that you will not bear the burden of the full wrath of the Lord.